"Out of place" this Sunday

Those of you out there reading this blog may, or may not, know that me and Daniel have been preparing a musical treat over the past year and a half. Under the moniker Cosmo Duff Gordon I have written around about 20 songs since my last effort ("Get up and go"), and whittled it down to the best 13 for free release this Sunday (13.6.10).

This time I have combined my efforts with Daniel on drums and am particularly pleased with the result. Spanning a number of rock genres, I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. The best I can describe it is as a mix of Muse, Queens of the Stone Age, Be Bop Deluxe, Dr. Dog, Elton John and David Bowie. But, even then, each song is quite different to the last. What I do know is that Out of place is the best album I have put together thus far, so it's hopefully worth a listen or two!

How to get your hands on the album:
- Come back to this blog for details on how to download the album
- Or check out the band's myspace or lastfm page to stream the album & for more details. "What goes around", one of the tracks from the new album is already available to stream on the myspace so check it out.

Props to Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky (1863-1944) for the album's photography

0 comments:

Post a Comment