5 gig reviews to come...

Apologies for my relative absence. Have been very busy with a wide range of things, from dissertations, to travel, job hunting (still ongoing), songwriting and other shenanigans. Compared with my esteemed co-bloggers, this has made my contribution appear somewhat lacking.

Nevertheless, I hope to make up for my lack of posting with a few reviews the wide range of music gigs I have also recently been going to (or are soon to go to). Starting with a quick review of Dr. Dog's latest UK gig (which happened a few months ago tbh), I will continue in order, ending with Delta Spirit's forthcoming UK gig, and maybe even throw in a few MP3s of some obscure/interesting tunes by said bands for your listening.

So, starting tomorrow, check out the following reviews:

1. Dr. Dog & Treetop Flyers
26.05.10 @ The London Cargo

2. Muse, Editors, Band of Skulls & Pulled Apart by Horses
4.09.10 @ Lancashire Cricket Ground (Manchester)

3. Old Crow Medicine Show & Dave Rawlings Machine (feat. John Paul Jones)
14.09.10 @ The Leeds Irish Centre

4. Lime Scurvy & others
19.09.10 @ Otley Folk Festival

5. Delta Spirit, Nathaniel Rateliff, The Zenemans & Plastic Poets
22.09.10 @ The Ruby Lounge, Manchester

2 comments:

Daniel Mumby said...

Looking forward to those. Any gigs going on during our weekend together (with the other members of the Gang of Four)?

Tom Wales said...

Don't think so I'm afraid :(

Post a Comment